Working Together: 1st Project of our Second Semester. Parts 1 & 2 (updated)


   The second semester began with our professor sectioning us off into two different teams: drafting and modeling. Originally I picked modeling, it's time consuming yet fun, by the end of the class I had switched to drafting, in part because I understood the program we were going to be using, and because I can do it anywhere, where as modeling is a bit more place restricted. I love doing both and me changing teams split the class perfectly in half so win win.

   My sixth of the work consisted on drawing, well more like tracing, 4 sections from the plans the professor provided. Beyond just throwing lines it became a work about understanding the space. Figuring out wonky measurements, scaling the drawing to match my peers, and researching time period pieces and maps to understand the unique yet commonly used tricks that go into designing and building this 17th century Spanish architecture that sought out to build in every corner no matter how cramped or unaligned.

   Our team leader, Will, constructed it as a virtual 3D model that made the old house, that has be heavily altered in reality, come back to life.



Comments

Popular Posts